Economic Development Commission Law and Other Economic Incentives: Our firm works closely with clients seeking to qualify for benefits under the US Virgin Island incentive programs, including the Economic Development Program, the Farmers and Fisherman Program, the Enterprise Zone Program, the University of the Virgin Islands, Affordable Housing Program, and the special regime for casinos on the island of St. Croix.
Areas of practice within the economic programs include the following:
- Advising on the unique tax incentives for renewable energy including solar, wind and ocean thermal.
- Representing clients before the Economic Development Commission and the University of the Virgin Islands Research and Technology Park.
- Advising on ongoing compliance for existing beneficiaries of economic incentives
- Monitoring US Virgin Islands and US legislation affecting the territory’s economic incentive programs and evaluating the impact on our clients’ investments
- Representation of jewelry and watch manufacturers seeking benefits under the Federal Production Incentive Certificate program administered by the US Department of Commerce and the International Trade Administration